Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trying to fit in.

So we had our first Hungarian language class today! It's actually pretty fun. We have a really great teacher, she is really nice and encouraging.  We have a quiz tomorrow already, hopefully I don't do awful, I don't think I will though.  I'm not that bad at pronunciation, we'll see how good I am at remembering it all. It will be really nice being able to speak the language a little bit.  It's amazing how helpless you can be if the person you're "talking" to doesn't speak English.  Or in a restaurant. It is so hard to order something when you have no idea what anything on the menu is except for falafel and gyro and you don't want to spend too much money or end with something you really don't want to eat.  So far the falafel's have been really good, so I'm surviving.  And some places have English menu's which is always really nice.  Last night we went to this tea house and it was really awesome.  They have cushions to sit on in a little loft and they sell their tea by the pot so two people can easily split it and it's pretty cheap. And they have really good cake and baklava. It will definitely become a study spot for many of us.
Hm, I'm trying to think of what else I want to write, I feel like there was more....oh, it's kind of weird living with so many people in such a small space.  If any of us want to be alone, we have to go somewhere else.  I think I'm going to learn how to study at coffee shops this semester. Normally I do all my work at my desk. But since I don't have a desk and will always be surrounded by people having fun/interesting conversations, I will have to learn to travel with my work.  I love how close people become when they live together.  Us girls have already had a number of really good conversations.  I'm excited to see how our relationships form over this time.  I think that's all for now.

Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment