Saturday, August 28, 2010

Abby

So I wasn't sure if I was going to blog tonight but I played rock paper scissors with Abby and she won and made me blog, so here I am.  Today me, Abby, Kyle, Arielle, Leesha, and Michelle went on a walking tour from a guide book. It was really cool to see a lot more of the city. We went to this awesome park that's in the middle of a bunch of apartment buildings. It was really gorgeous and had an crazy sweet play ground.  There was this awesome spinny thing that we all tried and there was this woman doing photogaphy there and started taking pics of us on the spinny thing. Abby gave her her email so she's going to send her the pics. We saw a lot of really amazing architecture and took a lot of pics. We saw the opera house, which has a ballet soon and I really want to go see! Then after wards we met everyone at this place called the Hummus Bar. It was soo good!!! Really good food, large portions and a really good price!!  Definitely a new favorite!
This morning me and Abby walked to the close grocery store and met these two English speaking guys. They're students and the same university as us and just got here. One is from CA and the other from Korea. We gave them lots of tips about the city etc. It was really nice to meet new people. That's pretty much it for today. Tomorrow we're going to church and then back to the Island to swim in the fountain and walk around a bit more.

Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment